Join NorthShore University HealthSystem and the MRW Leadership Board for LIFE as a Pre-Vivor: A Workshop for Individuals Diagnosed with BRCA and Other Breast and Ovarian Cancer Predisposition Genes. This free event will host medical experts to address strategies to identify, manage, monitor and treat those who carry predisposition genes for breast and ovarian cancer.
Topics will include genetic testing, screening guidelines, surgical options, chemo-prevention and lifestyle suggestions. Experts include:
- Dr. Catherine Pesce (Breast Surgeon)
- Dr. Michael Howard (Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon)
- Dr. Elena Diaz Moore (Gynecologist-Oncologist)
- Dr. Elaine Wade (Medical Oncologist)
- Dr. Peter Hulick (Medical Geneticist)
- Anna Newlin (Genetics Counselor)
- Dr. Georgia Spear (Radiologist)
- Barbara Guido (High Risk Breast Program Nurse Practitioner)
- Dr. Carol Rosenberg, moderator, LIFE Director and Cancer Survivorship Expert
Thursday, April 6
NorthShore University HealthSystem Evanston Hospital
2650 Ridge Ave., Frank Auditorium
Register and find more information here.
Light refreshments will be served. Complimentary parking in Evanston Hospital parking garage.
The LIFE (Living in the Future Educated) Pre-Vivor Workshop is underwritten by the MRW Leadership Board, which educates and empowers people to prevent hereditary breast and ovarian cancers through informed healthcare decisions.