Who’s ready for spring break? We certainly are! Here are four looks that will take you from the plane to the beach to painting the town. Pack your bag and take off in this spring’s hottest fashions.
Nautical stripes were all over the Spring 2016 runways. Pair with a pop of color and chic yet comfy pants and flats for the flight. You’ll arrive looking effortlessly ready for dinner.
- Trina Turk Top, $235, Tart Blazer, $150, Three Dots Pant, $196, Londo Mondo, Chicago, 312-751-2794, Winnetka, 224-255-6466
- Chloé Flat, $475, Nordstrom
- Bracelets, $165 each, Skändal, Winnetka, 847-386-7900
- Necklace, $343, Lodis Passport Wallet, $62, Cocktail Kit, $24, Leather Flask, $52, Maze Home, Winnetka, 847-441-1115
- Parodi Hand Cream, $16, Pascal Pour Elle, Glencoe 847-501-3100
- Earrings, $20, Vibrato Boutique, Wilmette, 847-853- 1434
- Lip Balm, $8, BlackSheep General Store, Glencoe, 847-242-0130
- Bric’s Rolling Duffel, $675, Kaehler Luggage, various locations
No vacation suitcase is complete without the perfect pair of white jeans and some great espadrilles. Stay cool and on-trend in a light, flowing blouse and fedora. For color, try a tote in one of Spring’s Top 10 Pantone colors. We love this one by Rebecca Minkoff that falls perfectly between Serenity and Snorkel Blue.
- Veronica M Blouse, $60, San Diego Hat Company Fedora, $32, Londo Mondo
- Stuart Weitzman Sandal, $455, Nordstrom
- Rebecca Minkoff Tote, $275, Shop 10, Hinsdale, 630-887-7467
- Robert Marc Sunglasses, $450, Optique, Winnetka, 847-446-3917
- Bracelet, $30, Maze Home
- Lily Dawson Designs Necklace, $35, BlackSheep General Store
- Citizen Watch, $375, T.J. Cullen Jewelers, Winnetka, 847-446-6468
- Nicky Jeans, $168, Earrings, $52, Juniper Boutique, Northbrook, 224-326-2412
- Olympus PEN camera, $499, Olympus
It’s time to hit the beach. We’re loving Helen Jon swimwear, which comes in a huge array of styles and patterns to suit every body type. Show off your pedicure (We love Essie’s “Tart Deco” polish, which channels another top Pantone for the season, Peach Echo) in some fabulous chunky sandals. And don’t forget to protect your skin with a lightweight cardigan and sun hat (Bonus: Both are SPF 50!).
- Seafolly Tote, $52, Helen Jon Swimsuit, $164, Helen Jon Lounge Pant, $134, Londo Mondo
- Jimmy Choo Sandals, $625, Nordstrom
- Cardigan, $98, Hat, $65, Mott 50
- Necklace, $366, Vibrato Boutique
- Leisure Society Sunglasses, $850, Optique
- BluBoom Bluetooth Speaker, $69, BlackSheep General Store
- CeraVe Sunscreen, $17, Essie “Tart Deco” Nail Polish, $9, Walgreens
After a restorative nap back at the hotel, glam it up for a night on the town. Stand out in a bright blouse and colorful patterned shorts. Pair with playful fringe sandals (Yep, fringe is still going strong!) and the hottest handbag style from Resort 2016 collections: the mini-saddle bag.
- Diane von Furstenberg Sandal, $378, Nordstrom
- Trina Turk Top, $268, Londo Mondo
- Trina Turk Shorts, $228, Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag, $295, Necklace, $88, Shop 10
- Native Union iPhone Case and Cord, $80, Black and White Bracelet, $30, Maze Home
- Essie “Blanc” Nail Polish, $9, Walgreens
- Grande Primer, $25, Grande Mascara, $65, Grande Liner, $45, Revision Intellishade Original Tinted Moisturizer, $55, Pascal Pour Elle
- Earrings, $88, Magenta Wrap Bracelet, $50, Vibrato Boutique
More from Make It Better: