Make It Better is hiring a full-time Assistant Editor. As the Assistant Editor, you will work closely with the Editor in Chief and Digital Editor.
- Participate in the development of and oversee the execution of our social media strategy
- Oversee day-to-day social media initiatives, including writing and posting content and developing strategies to optimize user engagement, drive action and grow participation across all major channels — Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Create and maintain a social media calendar, ensuring that the content for social media channels is aligned with the Editorial and Events calendars
- Manage paid media campaigns on relevant platforms
- Be the voice for all things social within the organization, staying on top of the latest trends and best practices, and enabling increased staff participation
- Consistently monitor analytics, creating weekly and monthly reports and making recommendations for greater success based on data
- Attend events and photoshoots as necessary
- Edit and proofread online and print content as necessary
- Daily, weekly and monthly content updates via our CMS as necessary
- Assistance on production of weekly e-newsletters as necessary
- Writing and reporting as necessary/desired
- Updating and maintaining evergreen guide articles
- Manage the reader email account and maintain the Better List
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solid grasp on grammar and familiarity with AP Style