Make It Better is hiring a Print Managing Editor.
- Oversee print workflow, from initial brainstorm to issue upload
- Collaborate with Editor in Chief to determine each issue’s content and topics
- Assign and edit all articles
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines in collaboration with Art Director
- Liaise with ad sales
- Collaborate with Art Director and Publisher to generate optimal book layout in Blinkplan
- Edit and/or write heds, deks and captions
- Write section openers, cover credits and other copy as needed
- Collaborate with Art Director and Fashion Editor to conceptualize and direct fashion shoots; write/edit fashion copy as needed
- Manage proofreading/fact-checking process and perform multiple proofreads, assuming full responsibility for accuracy of all content
- Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of AP Style
- At least five years of print publishing experience
- Strong managerial skills
- Impeccable grammar
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to conceive, assign and edit high-level pieces that can be optimized for both print and web
This is a part-time, primarily remote position, which will require some in-person meetings at Make It Better’s Chicago office.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Brooke McDonald at email@example.com.