Planning a healthy New Year’s resolution? Don’t get caught in the typical mad rush, changing your routine and crash dieting to lose weight, only to find that it’s not working for you. If you want this year to be different, use this quick guide to help identify what’s holding you back and set yourself up for success.
Underlying health issues, genetics, and dietary and lifestyle habits all play a part in our journey to weight loss and wellness. Here are some things to consider:
- Chronic Condition: Do you have allergies, autoimmune disease, inflammation, dermatologic issues, bloating, fatigue, or IBS? If so, you should consider food sensitivity testing. The results from the Alcat Food Sensitivity Test can help determine which foods and other substances may trigger unwanted inflammation. The personalized nutrition plan based on your immune response can assist with food choices that are better for you.
- Science Buff: Looking to optimize your health? Find out about your micronutrient deficiencies and how they are slowing your progress or hurting your health. Eating a balanced diet, exercising, and taking a multivitamin is simply not enough. This is for those who really want to delve further into the science behind an enviable metabolism, looking for personalized supplement protocol with an emphasis of their role in the body’s ability to burn fat and build muscle.
- Family History: Are you at risk for or have family history of diabetes or cardiovascular disease? Are you approaching menopause or andropause (male menopause) and experiencing hormonal or mood changes? One of the best ways to avoid health problems is to take action before the onset of these life-altering changes. Check-in with a wellness provider who offers comprehensive labs to prevent disease and promote longevity.
- DNA: Are you fascinated with genetics or wondering how you are different than the rest? Ask for a genetic diet that will provide your personalized genetic nutrition profile and how to make proactive decisions regarding diet, exercise, and lifestyle based on your DNA. This is perfect for forward-thinking individuals focused on prevention, yo-yo dieters, people with unknown health histories, and people looking for specific daily diet recommendations and menu planning.
- Fasting: Can’t handle a long-term diet? Maybe a fasting program is right for you. These can be hard on the body and mind, so check with your doctor before beginning any drastic dietary changes. There are many options available that can safely help if done correctly.
The most efficient way to achieve your health and wellness goals is to establish a baseline by finding out who you are now and how your body currently works. Then create a plan with your wellness provider or health coach that is realistic and achievable. Set milestones before you begin so you feel encouraged along the way. Good luck!
FreshSkin Medical Spa & Wellness Center offers comprehensive diagnostic tools and guidance to help you achieve optimal wellness. Make 2018 your best year yet.
Learn more at 847-681-8821.
595 Elm Place, Suite 208 | Highland Park, IL 60035