A common misconception when it comes to skin care is that keeping skin looking healthy and fresh is a complicated process. The reality is that skin care can easily be incorporated into your routine. All you have to do is make your skin health a priority and partner with a trusted expert in the field to guide you along the way.
Below are some tips on what you should focus on during the transition from summer to fall, when both temperatures and humidity begin dropping. Dry indoor heat not only adds to skin’s dryness but also causes a thickening of dead skin cells. So, if you have signs of sun damage, neglecting your skin further will only make the situation worse.
Top 5 Must-Dos for Fall:
1. Exfoliate dry, sun-damaged skin. Use a Clarisonic for exfoliating. A fantastic 4-in-1 treatment is the HydraFacial, which cleanses, exfoliates, extracts, hydrates and infuses the skin with essential antioxidants. It’s a blend of a facial, microdermabrasion, light chemical peel, and product infusion treatment in a quick 30-minute appointment. So lack of time is not an excuse you can use!
2. Moisturize and hydrate. You will probably need to adjust this step in the cooler months due to the dry air. Adding a heavier moisturizer or layering a serum with a moisturizer are both great ways to kick up the moisture a notch. Also, drink plenty of water! The goal is half your body weight in ounces of water, daily.
3. Protect your skin. Your skin care regimen should include protection against UV exposure and environmental exposure that include external toxins like air pollution.
4. Know that there is a difference between cosmetic-grade and medical-grade skin care. Find an expert in the field that you are comfortable with and follow their advice. Incorporating aesthetic treatments into your routine will boost your results. There are a number of non-invasive services available to suit your needs.
5. Make your skin a priority and be consistent. The right regimen is a simple regimen applied consistently. In the long run, following these tips will provide you with great results, and less time and money spent.
Have a question? We are here to help!
Begin with a complimentary Skin Consultation and VISIA Complexion Analysis. And for the skin care enthusiasts, or anyone interested in developing healthier skin, join us for Cocktail Hour on Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017, at 6 p.m. as we introduce the science of ALASTIN skin care. Seating is limited. RSVP required.
595 Elm Place, Suite 208 | Shops on Elm
Highland Park, IL 60035