If you follow Chrissy Teigen on Instagram, then you know that her love for food is no joke.
The Sports Illustrated cover model and mom-to-be and her husband, John Legend, are always cooking something incredible. So after countless comments rolled in on each social media post asking for recipes and cooking tips, Teigen started a food blog, Delushious, which eventually inspired her new cookbook, “Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat.”
“I want the recipes to work every time, and without a jillion ingredients you have to go to twelve stores for,” Teigen writes in the intro. “And I want them to taste UNFORGETTABLE.”
So whether you want to spend nearly five hours cooking Pineapple-Grilled Short Ribs or 45 minutes whipping up the five-ingredient Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter and Sage, there’s a recipe for everything you could ever want to make. Just check out one of the 11 perfectly snarky chapters, which include: Breakfast All Day, Noodles and Carbs, Salads (For When You Need Them), Sh*t on Toast, and Things That Intimidate People But Shouldn’t.
Loyal Chrissy Teigen followers — and, really, anyone who appreciates a good meal — will not be disappointed. Start with this recipe for Cobb Salad with Honey-Mustard Ranch Dressing, which, as Teigen writes, “gets me more Instagram likes than my boobs.”
Cobb Salad with Honey-Mustard Ranch Dressing
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
For the chicken and corn:
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained and patted dry
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Cook the chicken and the corn:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with oil.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, salt, cumin, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne. Rub the mixture all over the chicken. Place the chicken on the baking sheet and bake until cooked through but still juicy, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and when cool enough to handle, cut into small bite-size pieces.
3. Meanwhile, arrange the corn on the same baking sheet. Crank up the heat to broil and broil the corn until just slightly charred, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
Make the dressing:
4. In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, buttermilk, mustard, honey, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble the salad:
5. Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter or in a big salad bowl. Top with the tomatoes, avocado, bacon, roasted corn, eggs, and chicken. If you’re like me, line them up in the most OCD way possible and get really annoyed when the lines aren’t perfectly straight. Drizzle the dressing to taste over the salad, and toss if you want to ruin all those pretty lines. Serve immediately. Any leftover dressing keeps in the fridge for a week or so.
Reprinted with permission from “Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat.” Copyright © 2016 by Chrissy Teigen. Cover photo copyright © 2016 by Aubrie Pick. Published by Clarkson Potter Publishers.
More from Make It Better: