I took some liberties in combining elements from a sandwich I’d enjoyed at a local restaurant and a delicious meal served by a friend to come up with this meal that goes together in less than 30 minutes, fridge to table.
I’m a fan of ahi tuna and my daughter is not so I made hers with chicken thighs. If you have a gas grill great, otherwise you can use a ridged griddle on your stove top to “grill” this.
Prep and Cook Time: Under 30 minutes
1. Mix dressing and pepper in a low bowl. Marinate tuna or chicken while the grill heats up or for about 10 minutes.
2. Cut scallions in half the long way and brush with some dressing or olive oil to prevent sticking on the grill.
3. On a baking sheet, make 4 mounds of spinach and set aside. Turn broiler on to heat.
4. Grill tuna to your liking and chicken until well done. A minute or two before done lay green onions perpendicular to the grill grates, turn with tongs. Remove meat and onions from grill and place onto spinach beds laying green onions on top and covering with a slice of provolone. Broil until bubbly. Using a spatula lift each bundle of goodness onto a slice of bread (toasted if you like). Serve as is or with grilled bok choy.
Complete the Meal: With Grilled Bok Choy and a nice crisp white wine. Try a white Bordeaux like the CHATEAU LESTRILLE 2008, Entre Deux Mers, Bordeaux available at Schaefer’s for about $11.
Grilled Bok Choy
1. Wash and dry the bok choy, halve and lay cut side up on a baking sheet.
2. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and brush onto cut sides and leaves of bok choy. This cooks quickly so only a minute or two per side is enough.
1 pound ahi tuna steaks or chicken thighs
6 cups baby spinach
8 baby bok choy
4 slices provolone cheese
4 slices pumpernickel bread
Italian dressing (like Wishbone)
Rice wine vinegar
Sugar or agave nectar
Amy's blog: http://worldplates.wordpress.com
© Copyright 2009-2013 All Rights Reserved, Make It Better. 588 Lincoln Avenue, Winnetka IL 60093