An urban oasis for one-of-a-kind entertainment, eclectic dining and luxury shopping, NEWCITY, 1457 N. Halsted, announced today it will host free, weekly outdoor concerts throughout the summer. Taking place within the beautifully landscaped plaza of Chicago’s newest lifestyle destination, NEWCITY’s summer concerts will be free to guests every Thursday evening 7 – 9 p.m. from June 29 – August 31.
NEWCITY’s Summer Concert Series lineup includes:
- June 29: The Empty Pockets and Rock and Roll
- July 6: Krave Live Entertainment, R&B / Motown
- July 13: Simply Bill, Bill Joel Tribute
- July 20: Genevieve Jazz, Jazz
- July 27: Hot Rocks, Rolling Stones Tribute
- August 3: J Michael’s Band and Rock and Roll
- August 10: Shut the Front Door, Pop
- August 17: Tropixplosition, Steel Drums/ Island Music
- August 24: After Party, 80s Band
- August 31: Planet Groove, Pop/Rock/ R&B
“We are so excited to host these weekly concerts at NEWCITY for our local community! From Rock and Roll to Steel Drums and Island Music, our concerts will provide a wide range of musical varieties sure to excite and engage all of our visitors,” said Erin Webster, Assistant General Manager and Marketing Director.
Guests are invited to bring their own blankets, chairs, and coolers, along with their family and friends to enjoy the concerts. Home to numerous restaurants including Earls Kitchen + Bar, LYFE Kitchen, Max and Leo’s Artisan Pizza, Yard House, and Nando’s Peri-Peri, NEWCITY guests can also take advantage of grabbing dinner just a few steps away before or after the concerts.