By Coco Keevan | April 2014
This award-winning piece touched on a dirty secret: heroin is back, and it doesn’t discriminate based on how much money you have, where you live or what you do. It’s an equal opportunity offender, and that was an eye-opener for our affluent readership. Some real talk about “what parents need to know” was a welcome bit of truth-telling that could prove life saving for any family. Writer Coco Keevan did the legwork that brought this important story into the light of day, interviewing everyone from the Wilmette police chief to a North Shore addict and her mother. The resulting piece was chilling, real, and resonated deeply.
- How to Raise Kids Who Aren’t Spoiled
- The Critical Thing You Should Do Before Your Kids Turn 3
- 8 Awesome High-Tech Tools To Make Parenting Easier
- Why You Should Think Before Disciplining Someone Else’s Child
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Suicide: Experts Share Tips for Parents
- Helping Your Kids Find Purpose And Passion — Expert Advice From Stanford University Professor William Damon
- Parents, Kids and Social Media: How Involved Should Mom and Dad Be?
- Stay-at-Home Dad Sets the Record Straight About Full-Time Parenting
- Should Kids Be Invited to Weddings?