Whether you’re purchasing a gift for a “techie” or for someone looking to modernize their home, these gadgets are sure to please.
1. Sonos: These sleek wireless speakers have superior sound quality and connect to your WiFi network, allowing you to stream your favorite tunes from any room of your house or even outdoors. $200-$500, Sonos
2. Tile Original: Everyone’s prone to losing their keys or phone. Stick the lightweight, compact Tile on your key ring, phone, luggage or remote control and its speakers let out a loud melody that enables you to find what you’re looking for, even if your phone is on silent. $25, Tile
3. Nest Indoor Cam: Whether you’re looking for extra protection from a burglary or want to keep an eye on your kids when they’re in another room, the Nest Cam is the perfect wireless solution. It streams directly to your phone and records everything so you don’t miss a thing. $200, Nest
4. Braava Jet: The latest innovation from the creators of the Roomba vacuum is the Braava Jet, a mopping robot that cleans your hardwood floors and tackles stains in hard-to-reach places. Whether you want to wet mop or simply dust, a click of a button lets the Braava do all the work for you. Can be paired with the iRobot HOME App for both Android and iOS users. $200, iRobot
5. Amazon Echo: Amazon’s voice-activated virtual assistant “Alexa” seems like it came straight out of “The Jetsons.” The Echo does it all: streams music, tells you your commute time, gives you the weather report, sets alarms, and best of all, pairs with the other smart devices in your home. You don’t even need to pick up the phone to order a pizza! $180, Amazon