The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year at Kohl Children’s Museum! Each year from Thanksgiving through the third Friday of January, the Museum partners with Northern Seasonal Services to put on a colorful, flashing light display in its outdoor “Habitat Park” exhibit.
A circle of pine trees around the demonstration nook transform into classic multi-colored Christmas trees, while dripping icicle lights and glowing strands of color drape trees and bushes throughout the 2-acre park. This year, a special addition was made as the climbing structure was transformed into a giant Cubs baseball to celebrate Chicago’s World Series champs!
Most people view the lights while driving or walking by the park, but for one night each year, guests can experience them in Polar Express style with special kiddie train rides through the dazzling colors. At the Museum’s 5th annual Winter Wonderland event on Jan. 20, Kohl Children’s Museum will celebrate the season in winter-ready style:
- Rides through the holiday lights in “Habitat Park” aboard our Polar Express kiddie train
- Special appearance by the frozen Snow Queen and the “Children’s China” Panda Bear
- Children’s music concert from the Dreamtree Shakers
- Winter silk screening art make-and-take
- Seventeen indoor exhibits, all open for exploration
- Coffee and hot cocoa
- Free gift for each child
- Cosi Café will be open for dinner purchases (members receive a 10 percent discount)
Tickets are $25 per person for guests 12 months of age and older. Museum members and corporate members can purchase tickets at $15 for themselves and their guests. Click here to purchase.