Staging your home can be the most valuable tool that a home seller can utilize when selling their home. Research shows that there are solid statistics to support this approach.
According to Kiplinger (February 2009) “Homes listed for sale prior to staging sat on the market for an average of four and a half months and sold for within just over a week afterward. Homes listed for sale after staging sold within 32 to 42 days. In either case the homes sold for an average of $26,000 more than expected.”
With the real estate market in flux, selling your home for top dollar can be very difficult. Staging your home for sale can be the most effective tool to find that prospective buyer. The process can provide very exciting and positive results by differentiating your home from the other properties that are for sale.
1. Take a step back and be objective—not everyone loves lime green.
2. “Less is more” applies to everything in your home—clutter detracts.
3. Furniture should be parallel to a wall—angled sofas and chairs can make the room feel smaller.
4. Schedule an appointment with a stager—they know just what needs doing.
5. Invest in high-quality home photography—80% of people begin their search on the internet, and you want to put your best foot forward.
This Real Estate Tip brought to you by Terri McAuley, Broker, e-pro, KoenigRubloff Realty Group.