Make It Better amplifies fundraising, philanthropy, and volunteerism using our powerful online, print, and events platforms — and have been doing so since our launch on May 1, 2007. We’ve always prioritized harnessing the internet’s power for good to help our affluent, educated, philanthropic audience help others. We’ve worked with thousands of nonprofits since then, too.
Over the course of this extraordinary history, we’ve developed unparalleled expertise and fine-tuned a powerful platform that can benefit every nonprofit, philanthropist, fundraiser, donor, volunteer, and social entrepreneur.
In short, we make it easier for you to help others!
Nonprofits who collaborate with Make It Better raise more money, awareness, and other support too. But don’t take our word for it — hear what they have to say.
You don’t have to have a big budget to achieve broad reach and impact. Make It Better offers a number of opportunities to get your message out that don’t cost a penny.
Every child deserves a good education, adequate health care, and a safe, loving home. Every adult trying to overcome difficulties and succeed in life does too. Our Philanthropy Awards identify and amplify the most effective nonprofits helping to achieve this. Learn more about our Philanthropy Awards and nominate your favorite nonprofit here.
2. Event Sponsorship for qualifying nonprofits
If you are interested in an Event Sponsorship with Make It Better, click here to learn more about what is included and how to be considered.
3. You Said It article and 1-5-10 Amplification Strategy
Make It Better’s You Said It section features letters and op-eds sent in from readers using our 1-5-10 Amplification Strategy. Watch this video to learn more:
4. Inspiration from articles about those in our community and globally generating incredible social impact — including celebrities and corporations.
Find examples here:
5. Recommendations for easy ways to make a difference — by giving time, things, or support to deserving organizations vetted by Make It Better.
Find examples here:
Our $1,000 Better Giving Circle is a supercharged version of pooled philanthropy and impact; it uses the internet’s power to connect and amplify and expands your personal network to help your cause. Learn more here.
2. $10,000 Matching Grant Platform
Because we celebrate and nurture philanthropic collaboration, we welcome the opportunity to help promote matching grants of at least $10,000 with an article that fosters connections to other media and trusted sources. Beneficiaries of this opportunity report extraordinary success too. Please see examples here and submit your inquiry here.
3. RSVP Hot Ticket (Print Publicity With Photographer)
Promote your next event with Make It Better’s innovative marketing concept that brings maximum awareness to local nonprofit fundraising and social happenings across Chicago and beyond. This unique program is designed to publicize your event, share your organization’s vision, and create a buzz around your special occasion in the community. Make It Better will provide event photographer for upscaled packages negotiated in advance (pending availability).
- Pre-event promotion in Make It Better
- Brand Ad Unit
- In-book Calendar Listing*
- Inclusion within Better Makers*
* Based on availability and timing due to issue-closing dates
- Online Calendar Listing
- Inclusion within Better Makers
- Social Media Post (Facebook and Twitter) promoting event
- E-Text Link within e-newsletter promoting event
Please contact Lindsay Stout, Integrated Sponsorship Manager, at 847-256-4642 or [email protected] for pricing and more information.
4. Signature Event Sponsorships
Make It Better hosts three signature events annually: Money, Values, Impact; Philanthropy Awards; and Best of Celebration. Join us as a sponsor at one of these signature events to earn:
- Guaranteed enhanced brand image and brand awareness
- Ability to shape consumer attitudes and buying attitudes
- Help generate a positive reaction of your brand to our audience
- Brand recognition at specifically targeted niche markets
- Make contact with potential buyers and customers
- Promote “word of mouth”
- Create positive publicity and heightening visibility
- Differentiate from competitors/own more marketshare
- Recognition as a true supporting to the community
- Surround your brand with other high-caliber sponsors
We also welcome inquiries about creating additional signature events on your behalf. Pricing available upon request. Please contact Lindsay Stout, Integrated Sponsorship Manager, at 847-256-4642 or [email protected] for pricing and more information.