The holiday season is filled with so many sources of delight — twinkling lights reflecting off the snow, the excitement and anticipation of little ones, the pleasure of coming together with family and friends for great meals and company — but nothing warms the heart quite like giving to those in need. Make It Better makes it our mission to help you bring comfort and joy to the most deserving individuals and organizations in the easiest and most effective ways possible. Read on to learn more about some of Chicagoland’s outstanding nonprofits and the best ways that you can provide them with much-needed support.
- Where to Donate: A Handy Guide
- Year-End Tax Planning: Get More Bang for Your Charitable Buck
- Under Sister Rosemary Connelly’s Extraordinary Leadership, Misericordia Has Maximum Impact
- You Said It: Support Chicago Kids Through StudentsXpress
- Get Involved: 25 Chicago Housing Nonprofits
- Support Chicago and North Shore Charities With ShopCharities.org
- Shop for a Cause: Buy From These Great Brands and Stretch Your Dollars Further
- New Day at Josselyn Center Means Mental Health Programming for All
- Helping Hand Partners: Shop for Gorgeous Goods With a Mission
- Karen Dove Cabral Foundation: Supporting Young Mothers During Breast Cancer Treatment
- Women’s Business Development Center Celebrates 30 Years Fueling Entrepreneurial Success
- The People’s Music School Celebrates 40 Years, Honors Smashing Pumpkins’ Jimmy Chamberlin
- Merit School of Music: Removing Barriers and Transforming Lives
- 4 Ways to Teach Kids About Philanthropy
- Are the Charities You Support Using Your Money Wisely?