Celebrating our 4th Annual Philanthropy Awards means there have now been 31 nonprofit organizations, including this year’s six winners, getting the recognition they deserve for their impactful — and inspiring — work.
Each winning organization is showcased through professionally made videos and coverage across Make It Better platforms. Winners also receive networking opportunities and marketing training that will help to grow awareness and support of their work. All winners learn of their win in-person during our Philanthropy Awards Road Tour, which is always planned around National Philanthropy Day on Nov. 15. The winners will also be honored at a “orange-carpet” celebration at Mesirow Financial on May 5.
At Make It Better, because we work to be powerful, positive connectors, we are honored to be able to stand beside our winners to help them raise awareness, support and funds for their causes.
The Make It Better Foundation’s academy of judges — thoughtful venture philanthropists — selects winners based on:
The sponsors who facilitate the awards expect nothing less. The Make It Better Foundation most gratefully thanks the following sponsors:
- Susan and Richard Kiphart (Arts)
- Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Foundation in honor of pathways. org (Human Services-Empowerment)
- The Morris and Dolores Kohl Kaplan Fund of the Dolores Kohl Education Foundation (Education)
- Dennis and Ann FitzSimons (Social Justice)
- Edwardson Family Foundation (Human Services-Social Services)
- Nancy Searle (Health & Wellness)
- Michael Rosengarden of Autohaus on Edens (Road Tour sponsor)
Click on each winner’s name below to learn more about the organization and watch their video. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!