For Make It Better’s spring fashion photo shoot for our special “Water”-themed March/April issue, we asked the Fellows family of Chicago to help us showcase spring fashion for the whole family using the spectacular backdrop of Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium.
Jon and Valencia Fellows live in Chicago with their children, McKenna, 12, and Jaden, 10, who attend the Latin School of Chicago. Jon, who is from Downers Grove, is a principal at DiMeo Schneider & Associates L.L.C., a Chicago-based investment management consulting firm. Valencia, who was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, spent more than seven years in client services and financial management at Sanford C. Bernstein, and 12 years in marketing and event planning for J.P.Morgan. Passionate about the arts, she is currently pursuing her photography certification. Valencia has been a leader on the committee for Shedd Aquarium‘s annual gala, the aquarium’s largest fundraising event, for five years running. “Our family loves Shedd for its global research and reach, its unmatched compassion for animals and its love of the Chicago community,” she says. “The excellence with which it integrates these priorities is innovative, kind and fun. Shedd makes animals, kids and adults happy and better!”
Check out the Fellows family looking fabulous in our favorite fashions for spring!
The Fellows family explores the wonders of Shedd’s Wild Reef exhibit in form-meets-function spring fashions. Playful colors, plaids and prints in soft fabrics and comfy-yet-chic sneakers are perfect for a day of discovery.
- Burberry Girls’ Tais Floral Check Dress, $285, Bloomingdale’s, 900 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago
- J Brand Harlow Trucker Denim Jacket, $238, Bloomingdale’s
- kate spade new york Linds Too Glitter Platform Espadrilles, $150, Bloomingdale’s
- Performance Quarter Zip Sweater in Deep Cobalt, $135, Vineyard Vines, 905 Old Orchard Center, Skokie
- Slim Fit Tucker Shirt, South Sound Gingham in Ocean Breeze, $98.50, Vineyard Vines
- Anchor & Whale Tie in Conch, $85, Vineyard Vines
- Breaker Pant in Barracuda, $98.50, Vineyard Vines
- Leather Anchor Belt in Dark Brown, $98.50, Vineyard Vines
- Kenneth Cole Peer Pressure Driving Loafers, $140, Bloomingdale’s
- Akris Punto dress, $1,290, Frances Heffernan, 810 Elm St., Winnetka
- IRO white sneakers, $350, Frances Heffernan
- Deep Sand Pebble Leather Maddie Bag, $648, Worth New York
- 18-karat yellow gold and diamond ring, $4,475, Christopher Duquet, 1224 Chicago Ave., Evanston
- 18-karat yellow gold hoop earrings, $1,475, Christopher Duquet
- Burberry Boys’ Mini Camber Plaid Button-Down Shirt, $130, Bloomingdale’s
- Ralph Lauren Childrenswear Boys’ Skinny Jeans, $45-50, Bloomingdale’s
- LACOSTE hoodie, $98, Bloomingdale’s
- Converse All-Star Hi-tops, City Sports, 1201 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago
Shedd After Dark
What could be better for an evening marveling at the marine life of the Caribbean Reef than a stunning one-shoulder dress in scuba-esque fabric? Valencia channels the tropics with a pop of color and palm-tree inspired platforms while her husband Jon keeps it classic in a timeless tux.
- Hugo Boss Tuxedo, Shirt and Shoes, BOSS Store, 520 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago
- Reversible Bow Tie, $19, Tie Bar, 918 W. Armitage Ave., Chicago
- Jovani One-Shoulder Asymmetric Crepe Sheath Dress, $495, Neiman Marcus, 737 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago
- Champagne Metallic Dusted Suede Sloane Clutch, $385, Worth New York
- 14-karat white gold and diamond bracelet, $9,495, Christopher Duquet
- 14-karat yellow gold pearl and diamond drop earrings, $8,950, Christopher Duquet
- 14-karat white gold and diamond ring, $8,750, Christopher Duquet
- Shoes, from Tracy Clifford’s personal collection, Charlotte Olympia