Whether you’re entertaining guests for the holidays or simply need a break yourself, here are a few can’t-miss shows and events this weekend.
The world premiere of this musical about your favorite American Girl characters is set to begin its national tour in Skokie.
Begins Dec. 21
The Glenview Ice Center hosts this annual carnival, featuring events, activities, and public skating sessions, during winter break. Events include Skate with Santa (Dec. 22), the Charity Hockey Game (Dec. 27), and New Year’s Freeze (Dec. 31). The carnival ends Jan. 6.
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the season with a traditional English afternoon tea at Peckish Pig. Enjoy live music and a tea buffet with mini sandwiches, quiche, pastries, homemade chocolates, and scones with clotted cream and jam.
Don your best ugly sweater for brunch at Shaw’s Crab House (think oysters, malted Belgian waffles, lobster mac & cheese, cinnamon roll french toast, and much more) and receive a $25 gift card.
More Can’t-Miss Events:
- Don’t miss one of Michael McDermott’s Mischief & Mistletoe concerts with special guest Heather Lynne Horton Dec. 21-23 at City Winery. These shows are part of 93XRT’s Holiday Concerts for the Kids series, so bring a new unwrapped toy or book for a hospitalized child.
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s “Merry, Merry Chicago!” concert continues this weekend (Dec. 21-23) with favorite seasonal music.
More from Make It Better:
- 3 Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Chicago
- The Best Holiday Movies and Shows to Stream With the Whole Family
- 2 Can’t-Miss Foodie Events Bring Chicago’s Top Chefs and Restaurants Together for a Great Cause
Anna Carlson writes the weekly Weekend 101 column and monthly Recommended Events. A graduate of the University of Missouri, her work has been published in Chicago Parent, Inside Columbia Magazine, and Central California Parent Magazine. She is a proud supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.