As you celebrate Passover or Easter this weekend, make plans to spend time with loved ones at these Chicago-area events.
Prairie Grass Cafe will serve Passover dinner with dishes like BBQ Braised Brisket, Roasted Cauliflower, and Chopped Chicken Liver. The restaurant will also serve Easter brunch and dinner on April 21.
The Poetry Foundation will host this kid-friendly open house in honor of National Poetry Month with a reading by Joyce Sidman, animal poems with the Field Museum, a scavenger hunt, crafts, and more.
Kids will love hunting for eggs around Kohl Children’s Museum’s outdoor Habitat Park exhibit. Eggs will be filled with everything from candy and gift cards to a one-year museum membership.
More Can’t-Miss Events:
- This April 19-20, Lubavitch Chabad of Skokie invites you to Passover Seder, complete with hand-baked matzah, wine, and a homemade dinner. For more information or to make reservations (required), call 847-677-1770 or visit SkokieChabad.org/Passover.
- NEWCITY will host a “Wizard of Oz”-themed egg hunt with a poppy field and Emerald City Lounge, where you can meet Dorothy and friends as you get your face painted, enjoy snacks, and more.
- Pasquesi Home & Gardens will welcome Chicago Botanic Garden horticulturalist Lisa Hilgenberg for a Spring Vegetable Gardening Seminar on April 20. Hilgenberg will share tips and tricks for growing herbs and vegetables in your own garden.
Make a Difference:
- On April 19, Estelle’s will donate $1 from every drink sold to the Gardeneers, a nonprofit that “cultivates customized school garden programs.”
More from Make It Better:
- 30 of the Best Things to Do in Chicago This April
- Theater: 23 Can’t-Miss Musicals and Plays in Chicago This Spring and Summer
- Racing Legend Mario Andretti Gets the Disney Treatment Alongside Jeff Gordon and Danica Patrick
Anna Carlson writes the weekly Weekend 101 column and monthly Recommended Events. A graduate of the University of Missouri, her work has been published in Chicago Parent, Inside Columbia Magazine, and Central California Parent Magazine. She is a proud supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.