As we say goodbye to March, don’t miss the national tour of a Broadway hit, the world premiere of a play based on a classic fairy tale, an annual film festival, and an evening with the composer behind some of your favorite Disney songs.
March 26 to April 7
This favorite film is now a Broadway hit, and it’s coming to Chicago for a limited engagement.
March 28 to April 11
Produced by the International Latino Cultural Center of Chicago, this festival features short and feature films from Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, the U.S., and more.
Opens March 28
The House Theatre of Chicago presents the world premiere of this play adapted by Company Members Joseph Steakley and Ben Lobpries and directed by Company Member Chris Mathews.
Alan Menken is the man behind the music for beloved movies and musicals like “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” “Newsies,” and “Tangled.” Hear from Menken as he discusses his illustrious career.
More Can’t-Miss Events:
- Lincoln Park Community Services “brings communities together to empower individuals facing homelessness and poverty to secure stable housing and make sustainable life changes.” Join the organization on March 29 for Metamorphosis, an evening of cocktails, dinner, dancing, and more to support LPCS programs.
- Join the Beyond Sports Foundation, which “prepares student-athletes to succeed in life,” to watch all the March Madness action on March 30 at Lizzie McNeill’s. Tickets include draft beer, house wine, well drinks, and appetizers.
- Temple Beth Israel will host a free Community Health Fair on March 31 with representatives from Village of Skokie Public Health, Turning Point Mental Health Services, Jewish Child & Family Services, and more. The fair will take place alongside TBI’s blood drive.
- On March 31, Chef Carrie Schloss, author of “The Asheville Bee Charmer Cookbook: Sweet and Savory Recipes Inspired by 28 Honey Varietals and Blends,” will host a tasting event with specialty honey, food, tours of the Wild Blossom Meadery, and more.
More from Make It Better:
- 8 Good Books by Irish Women to Read This March
- Theater: 23 Can’t-Miss Musicals and Plays in Chicago This Spring and Summer
- You Need to See These Local High School Students Bring Down the House on the ‘Hamilton’ Stage [Video]
Anna Carlson writes the weekly Weekend 101 column and monthly Recommended Events. A graduate of the University of Missouri, her work has been published in Chicago Parent, Inside Columbia Magazine, and Central California Parent Magazine. She is a proud supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.