Detail-oriented individual to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our progressive media company. Part-time position conducted in the company office.
The Bookkeeper works closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Sales Assistant to process the Xero bookkeeping services, accounts payable and receivable and of course, manage invoices. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software package Quickbooks.
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, Salesforce and Quickbooks
- Familiarity with Google Drive and standard Google apps like Mail, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Proficiency in English
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within strict deadlines requiring solid project management skills, including both organization and multi-tasking, and the flexibility to accommodate rapid change
- Ability to organize information quickly and at a high level
- Self-motivator with the ability to learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Issue invoices to customers
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the accounting software
- Enter data, maintain reports and financial statements
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Coordinate third party payroll service for semi-monthly paychecks
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sharon Krone ([email protected]).
NO PHONE CALLS.