The Philanthropy Awards — our keystone program — is an annual competition to identify, elevate, and amplify the most effective nonprofits making a difference. An awards package valued at over $25,000 is given to recipients each year.
2023 Philanthropy Award Winners
On April 3rd, Make It Better Foundation announced the 2023 Philanthropy Award Winners:
- Human Services Award Winner: READI Chicago
- Health and Mental Wellness Award Winner: UCAN
- Social Services Award Winner: Metropolitan Peace Initiatives
Our Media Partners showcase and celebrate the winners.
Email Sharon Krone, Executive Director, at [email protected] for more information.
Our Academy Of Judges are esteemed venture philanthropists, past winners, sponsors and thought leaders and select the winners each year.
We use the following criteria to evaluate your organization:
- Effectiveness: measured by the number of people served and lives made better, program outcomes, development of self-sufficiency and breaking the cycle of dependency;
- Efficiency: emphasized by collaboration and cost effectiveness;
- Leadership: focusing on full board participation, diversity, fulfillment of mission statement, using calculated risks to overcome challenges and improve outcomes;
- Scalability: prioritizing the ability to increase funds independent of government funding proportionate to increased programs and services, with the potential to replicate in another regional area;
- Excellence: committing to best possible services delivered with integrity and transparency.
Current and Past Philanthropy Awards Winners
We offer our sincerest congratulations to the inspirational and innovative winners on this list, and to the dedicated employees and volunteers who are integral to the impactful work done by each of these nonprofits. Click on each winner’s name below to learn more about the organization and watch their video.